- Valid passport - your passport should be valid for your entire stay.
- Visa or residence title to lawfully enter Austria.
- Passport photos for new ID cards/documents (digital + analogue, please see ICAO criteria!)
- Written documentation of funding, e.g. scholarship confirmation, salary from home country, etc. in German/English.
- Health insurance confirmation - Guests have to fulfill the (travel) health insurance requirements to be issued a visa. Staff members of the University of Graz will most likely be health insured by the University of Graz during their employment. Please get in touch with us if you have questions.
- Copies/legalized copies of your completed academic degrees + German/English translation.
- Birth certificate, certificate of marriage +German/English translation and legalized copies, if available.
- Birth certificates of biological or adopted children +German/English translation + legalized copies, if available.
- Credit card and/or debit card, if available.1
- Record of immunisation (also of relatives coming to Graz with you)
- Driving licence/international driving license
1 Please make sure you also bring some cash (Euro) for your first day(s) in Graz. Not all bars and shops accept credit/debit cards yet.
Personal consultation (drop-ins, no appointment):
Monday - Friday 10am - 12 noon
as well as on appointment
Please note our news section for changes!