Are you interested in applying for a degree programme at the University of Graz? We offer an exciting educational environment for international students on all levels. You can find further information about the application process and much more on the following pages.
If you wish to begin your studies at the University of Graz, please see the overview of the admission process below:
1) Gather information
2) Prepare application
- procure/gather original documents (no legalized, true copies, student copies accepted - only originals)
- if necessary: verify/legalize original documents in country of issue
- if necessary: get translation of original documents (requires verification/legalization as well!)
3) Submit application documents
Please only submit complete application documents. You can submit the application by post or personally at the Academic Affairs. You need to submit all original documents, no copies are accepted.
Address your application to:
Studien- und Prüfungsabteilung / Academic Affairs
Referat für internationale Studierende / International Students Unit
Universitaetsplatz 3/I, 8010 Graz, AUSTRIA
You cannot submit your application online.
4) After submitting your application
- Processing time: up to 12 weeks
- When your documents arrived, you receive an automatic email from the Academic Affairs with further information.
- When your application has been processed, you receive an automatic email from the Academic Affairs with further information about the application outcome:
- In case of missing or incorrect documents: you will receive an instruction to improve the application. Your documents will be returned to you by post.
- In case of successful application: you will receive a letter of admission (official notice!) by post.
- In case of admission with additional courses: it is possible that your previous studies are sufficient but specific courses are missing. In this case you have to complete additional courses at Uni Graz in addition to the regular courses of the applied study programme upon completing the degree programme. If this is the case, you will receive two letters (by post): letter of admission (official notice) after accepting the party's right to be heard ("Parteiengehör" sent to you by post, it has to be accepted first).
Non-EU/EEA nationals should already gather information about the residence permit "students" in this step.
5) Personal enrolment & data capture
- At this step you should already hold a valid visa or residence title for your studies in Austria! Please refer to the entry and residence requirements.
- Fill out online data form before personal enrolment for studies (see video tutorial below)
- Bring along the letter of admission for your personal enrolment
- Payment of tuition fee/students' union fee: as soon as the money has arrived on the university's bank account, you can activate your account.
Note: Usually, it takes around 3-5 working days until the tuition fee/students' union fee is at the university's account.
Video tutorial how to fill out the data capture online:
Monday - Friday: 10 am-12 noon
as well as on appointment