The newly established Welcome Center is a service and information platform for international staff, professors, degree-seeking students and guests coming to the University of Graz. Establishing and maintaining a hospitable university culture is one of the great concerns of the Welcome Center and the University of Graz. The aim is to guarantee a smooth start in Graz. Supporting its international target groups in overcoming administrative and cultural barriers is, therefore, considered a key goal. In a nutshell, the Welcome Center bridges the gap between its target groups and internal university structures.
We provide information on:
- Immigration (visa & residence titles in Austria)
- Finding accommodation in Graz
- Documents to bring to Austria
- How to open a bank account
- Austrian health insurance system
- Residence registration procedure (Meldewesen)
- Confirmation of registration for EU/EEA citizens
- Taxes in Austria (info event)
- Doctors who speak English or a foreign language
- Offers of the university for staff (e.g. dual career service, childcare etc.)
- Funding opportunities for German courses at treffpunkt sprachen
To offer you a potentially undisturbed personal meeting, we kindly ask you to schedule an appointment with us in advance.